- Dogs/Puppies – Adoption Fee - $ 100
- Cats/Kittens – Adoption Fee - $ 85
Each dog and cat has been given:
- Age appropriate vaccines
- Have been heartworm tested (over 6 months of age)
- Given a heart work preventative (if tested negative).
In addition to this, our adoption fee also includes – spay/neuter, and a rabies shot.
Also, for the spay and neutering, it is:
- Spay: Dogs / Female - 3 Months and Cats / Female - 3 Months or 3 lbs.
- Neuter: Dogs/Cats - up to 8 months.
Each adopter is required to fill out and sign a Spay/Neuter Agreement. It is a State Requirement that all:
- Adult dogs/cats are spayed and neutered within 30 days of adoption
- Female puppies/kittens are spayed/neutered by 5 months
- Male puppies/kittens are spayed/neutered by 8 months
- Kittens and puppies can be sterilized once they weigh more than 3 lbs.
- Kittens and puppies can get their rabies shots after 12 weeks of age
* HSCCL partners with local veterinarians/organizations for this service. This information is all covered in detail during the adoption process.