If you have found a pet, please fill out our Found Pet Form, so shelter staff can be notified of the missing pet in an effort to reunite them with their owner.
Helping a lost pet find its way home directly is the best for both the pet and its owner. Here are some tips for finding their home.
- Fill out Found Pet Form above
- Check that pet for a microchip. Most veterinary offices can scan for a microchip as well as our HSCCL shelter.
- Post a picture of pet and location they were found on social media pages, Facebook Lost & Found Animal Groups (listed under Lost Pets Tab). Encourage friends to share the picture to help locate owner.
- Post to neighborhood groups, Swap and Shop pages, and Nextdoor app.
- Post lost pet to Craigslist.
- Put up Found Pet flyers in your neighborhood
- If you’ve found a litter of kittens, it’s best to leave them in the area with the mom who is caring with them. Check out Alley Cat Allies for resources to care for the litter and check out Spay Neuter clinics, like Friends of the Animals, for resources to get the cats altered.
- Contact your local Animal Control to pick up the stray(s)
We accept strays from the public when space is available. There is a $50 fee to surrender a stray to the shelter and contact us for cost to surrender a litter. Please contact us before bringing in any animals:
Call us at 903-432-3422
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Humane Society of Cedar Creek Lake
10200 CR 2403
Tool, TX 75143.
**Please note: Once an animal is brought to the shelter as a stray, it is on a stray hold for 3 days. After that period the animal is put up for adoption.